When it comes to the rising cost of long term care, it is important to understand your options. Traditional health insurance is not designed to cover long term care. Medicare was not designed to adequately cover the long term care costs many Americans may face. And, Medicaid (in California, Medi-Cal) may not cover you until many of your assets have been depleted.
Families do not realize how important long term health insurance can be until they are either uninsurable due to relatively minor health issues, or it has become too expensive.
Time is a consumer’s enemy when it comes to long term care planning. A future change in health could limit your options. The time to plan is now.
- Eric is a Life and Long Term Care planning specialist located in southern California.
- Appointed by the top companies in the long term care insurance industry, including John Hancock, Genworth, Transamerica, Mutual of Omaha, MedAmerica, Life Secure, Lincoln Financial Group, Mass Mutual, Pacific Life, and State Life (OneAmerica), among others
- Strong working knowledge of STRS, CalPERS, LACERS, LACERA, OCERA, AARP, Federal, credit union, association, and employer long term care insurance, life insurance with long term care riders, annuities with long term care riders, and long term disability insurance programs
- Professional designations of CLTC and LTCP
- President’s Council & LTC Leaders Council (multi-year recipient for both)
- Member of the National Ethics Association, with Certified Background Check
- Member of the LTC National Network
- Certified by the states of CA, OR, WA, AZ, and IN for long term care insurance
- Certified for the states of CA, OR, WA, and IN Partnership Long Term Care program
- California state volunteer Long Term Care Ombudsman Eric and his wife Liz live with their daughter Anneliese in San Juan Capistrano, CA